Thursday, April 27, 2006

grace and the upcoming

Well, with a title like this for a post, I feel I can't really live up to it. It's a fine title. "Grace and the upcoming". Sounds momentous. Sounds like a grateful heart waiting for the future. I suppose I have a grateful heart. God knows I long for the future. Upcoming feels like a pending word... sooner than later.. pending: real soon. Around the corner. Intentional. Knowing what's coming around the corner. That's how the word 'upcoming' feels to me. So with that grand entry I'll go on to a slightly more mundane rest-of-the post.

First the grace.

I go to school. I also work full-time. It's busy, but no excuse. No excuse for not doing my homework. Which is exactly what I did, or rather, did not do. Crazy double negatives there, I know, but to clarify: I didn't do my homework. To be precise, I didn't write a six page paper. It was on the syllabus, but not mentioned in class after the first day or two. Still, no excuse. But my teacher said I could hand it in next week. So gracious! I'm feeling humbled, and joyful at the same time. 20% of my grade is nothing to sneeze at! Ahh.. yes. But I still have to write that paper.

Next the 'upcoming'. What's coming up. Around the corner.

I'll be moving this Monday. It'll be closer to where I work (about 2 minutes drive... or.. make that 1 minute). So if I don't post in a while, it'll be because I'm getting settled. Or rather, packing, moving, settling, graduating (2yr degree), summering, and working. No, I'll post before summer. Thought you people who check the blog would want to know what's up though. I'll take pictures of my new pad and post 'em up soon after.

4 comments:

Phil said...

I second that suggestion.

Also, I'll be cross-examining you at our next meeting about Guy Fawkes, so you better have that paper written.

Luke said...

sorry phil, couldn't write the paper on guy fawkes. I'll do it on the Greeco-turkick conflict over cyprus and the lack of inclusion of such conflict in my textbook. (these days, one must always be decrying something in order to write)

Phil said...

couldn't write the paper on guy fawkes

Why's that?

The Proprietor said...

"Grecco-turkick conflict"? Now I get where the Ataturk comment came from.