Wednesday, April 25, 2007

these days

Always a lot to write up, but somehow I don't find the time to put it all there. Would like to put up a few serious thought out posts, but that'll have to wait until I do.

So, recent things: took Ariana and babe to the airport today for their trip to Boise. Amelia has travelled SO much for her age. My goodness! Five trips already. Cute kid, very interactive.

Foodstuffs: Kefir is growing well. I make and consume about a quart a day. It's my staple. (c: High on protein, healthy fats... etc. Today and yesterday I got a double-double and a shake from In-N-Out to supplement. Good stuff. Very good company-chain. The korean noodles are also a constant, and have been adding a bunch of spring mix salad stuff to it, which is mighty tasty.

I got quite a bit of dialogue on my post where I mentioned kefir, so I'll add some more pictures of the grains and the drink that I make (kefir julius).

Gave blood last Thursday, and went wall climbing a couple days following. Heh. I was fine, but my heart raced once I got half-way up the wall. Maybe I just lack stamina. (c:

I had been getting calls from the Red Cross every Saturday morning (wake up calls) for me to give blood, and finally caved in. The last time I went to give blood, the nurse did a bad stab and my arm bruised badly, and hurt/ached for at least two weeks afterwards. dc: No good. This time it went much better. I'm a type O negative, and am also negative for another factor, so my blood is really highly sought after. Like a blood-type celebrity. (c: If I recieve blood from anyone, it'll knock out my lack of antigens though, so I'll have to try and keep from any serious injuries so I don't have to recieve blood. I guess that street-motorcycle will have to wait.

Class is going well. The teacher is doing a great job at "bringing to life" the material we need to learn. I found myself strangely excited about databases during the last class, and couldn't help myself from smiling at just how cool I think they are. I realized that I had a lot of questions about how information storage, reference, organization, etc.. works and this class in answering a lot! It's a pretty remarkable field. I feel... gleefully geeky.

2 comments:

Cynthe said...

Gleefully Geeky?! Luke, you make me laugh! :-) I'm glad to hear the class is so enjoyable, after that initial debut! You're going to have to mix me up some of htis Kefir you keep mentioning! What initiated that food habit?
-Cynthe

Phil said...

I found myself strangely excited about databases during the last class [...]

Cool. When I get back, I can answer all your database questions! =) ActiveRecord for the win!