Title has little to do with this post. It came to mind when I thought of of many things that I'd like to post up there. "Wow, there's so many things.." [mind: how many horses?] Weird, I know, but 'how many horses' is actually a game. Maybe you know how it works? Three. Three horses.
I saw MI:3 last night and it was enjoyable yet intense. I'd like to discuss the various things in the movie, but don't want to spoil it for those of you who will watch it someday. The plot totally took me for a ride though, which is what an MI plot should do, right? The development of the characters was lacking, but to do it properly would have made the movie longer, which they couldn't really do as it is already a little over 2 hours.
There's a definite shift in style in this new MI:3. It is less Bond-sian and more uh.. Hostage. And the teamwork aspect seems downplayed somehow. Yes, he (cruise) can't work without the team, but you don't really know who the team people really are.
Even with these flaws, it was a fun movie. I'd like to see it again someday.
Oh. And with that positive thought, I realized afresh last night how we have desensitized our nation (the world?) to violence through our entertainment. MI:3 is only moderately violent compared to other movies coming out today, but even so I was left with the impression of violence not really being that bad (which is bad). Value for life was completely subjective in the movie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
wow. from so many comments to absolutely none. i'm in blog-post shock.
(c:
Uh, well, all I could think of was "uh-huh, hmmm, interesting" and that didn't seem worth typing the anti-spam code for...
And i was just reminiscing about the horses game, which I remember being astonished at, about 9 years ago on Logos 2. But resisted the urge to go: "Yes, yes, I know how many!" (c;
Don't know what to comment.
Just curious about this horse game... Must have been erased from my memory!
By the way the update on my blog you where pushing for...well its there!
Take care mate.
and now you already have 5 comments.
YEAH!!!
Post a Comment