We went out to see the Perseids on Sunday night.. left at about midnight, drove for about an hour or so, watched for an hour... saw some amaaaazing meteors blazing through our atmosphere, and drove back.. in bed by a merry 3:30am. We being myself, Peter and Amanda, and Joe y Jessica. I didn't realize that my car could fit five people so uncomfortably. (c:
On Saturday I got up at a bright 5am (actually it was still pretty dark), in order to get ready for a small surf trip with Peter and Amanda, together with WACC. That went well, though the waves were quite challenging. The tide was high, so the waves would crash late, and then promptly after hitting the sand would send a reverse swell back towards the ocean. Where the opposing swells met there was quite a tall wave. It was difficult to gauge where the wave would break because of that.
Peter got some good pictures, which are on my camera, but I need to find my battery charger, so I can charge the battery, then hook it up and off-load to my computer. It may be a few days. (c:
So! There's the update! Other points of interest... a fast approaching wedding of a close relative. (c: More on that as it happens and passes.
I'm about to start the Interpersonal Communications class, and there's quite a lot to be done! I look forward to it though, since I like that kind of thing. (c:
Desiring to do something more productive with my time, I picked up my electric guitar on Sunday and began practicing the few chords I know. (Bm, C, G, D, E, A) I can shakily play, "Lord I lift your name on high." Good start, I know. Am going through the scales as well, and that's picking up speed as well. Good ol' finger calluses.
Am in the middle of listening to the unabridged audio version of Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo. An excellent book, and the reader is good too! Finished the first six and a half hours, and am taking a break to listen through the book, "Understanding Islam". Is really good as well, though the audio is a little fuzzy. I was struck by a particular point that was made, but I'll save that for my next post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds like a great way to spend time! Thanks for the update!
Ok, I just had to laugh when you said you can play on the guitar "Lord, I lift Your Name on High".
I think that is every Christian amateur guitarists' first song! :) At least it was for me.
That's awesome, Luke! :)
Post a Comment